L&H Industrial 2012 Safety Award
L&H Industrial Recognized by Wyoming Governor's Safety Council
CASPER– (Aug 8, 2012) Today, in partnership with Governor Matt Mead’s office, the Wyoming Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) honored L&H Industrial of Gillette, WY, and eight other outstanding Wyoming employers at the seventh annual Wyoming Safety Conference.
Wyoming OSHA and the State Mine Inspector’s Office, divisions of the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services, presented Governor's Safety Awards to Wyoming employers demonstrating a strong safety culture and excellence in safety and health programs.
“These awards signal the investment of the employers in building a legacy of safety embraced by all involved. I congratulate today’s winners. Everyone in the workplace, regardless of title or position, has a responsibility for job safety,” Governor Mead said.
Director of the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services Joan Evans assisted in presenting the awards. “The recipients of the Governor’s Safety Award demonstrate an ingrained culture of safety and health within their workplaces. They are leaders in safety, and their example is a high water mark all Wyoming employers should strive for. This distinguished award recognizes their exceptional safety efforts.”
Recipients of the 2012 Governor’s Safety Award:
• Large Mine - Buckskin Mine
• Small Mine - Degerstrom Converters
• Mine Site Contractor (large) - Rail Link
• Mine site Contractor (small) - L&H Industrial
• Small Oil and Gas - Suncor Energy USA Pipeline Company
• Large Oil and Gas - Chevron USA - Wyoming Area
• Small General Industry - American Equipment, Inc.
• Large General Industry - Cheyenne Healthcare Center
• Small Construction - G.M. Stewart Corporation
To view more information about the 2012 Wyoming Safety Conference, visit www.wyomingworkforce.org.